Monday, February 16, 2009

The more things change...

...the more they stay the same, it seems.

Between 6-8 years ago, around the time I was turning 21, my self-imposed uniform consisted of jeans or chinos, a flannel shirt and simple brown leather boots. In fact, the boots were from Rivers I believe. I probably paid $20 for them, and stupidly threw them out when the sole split. I spent years trying to find a replacement, before giving up and moving into a (possibly ill-advised) streetwear phase.

Now I have an embarrassment of riches, as I find myself with a brand new pair of Clarks desert boots, and a vintage pair of Red Wing 875's. The girlfriend, let's call her M from now on, is not a fan of the latter, but was kind enough to gift the former to me this Christmas past. In addition, I have acquired some rather nice shirts in plaids and checks.

To go with this, I also have several pairs of nice new jeans: a pair of APC New Standards, some Engineered Garments, as well as an older pair of Edwin Blue Trips. Now all I need is some chinos, and I'll be back where I started. Looking forward to the colder months so I can throw it all together with the peacoat I am yet to have tailored.

No comments:

Post a Comment